Meeting of the Permanent Representatives Committee (COREPER) in Brussels.
The Permanent Representatives Committee (COREPER) is responsible for preparing the meetings of the Council in its relevant fields. Member states are represented in the Committee by ambassadors and they are chaired by the member state holding the six-month presidency.
COREPER I deals with the following policy areas of the Union:
- Employment, social policy, health and consumer affairs;
- Competitiveness (internal market, industry and research);
- Transport, telecommunications and energy;
- Agriculture and fisheries;
- Education, youth, culture and sport.