CC Flickr / indrasensi
The first Competitiveness Council of the six-month Italian Presidency of the EU Council is held on Thursday 25 and Friday 26 at Justus Lipsius Building (Rue de la Loi 175), Brussels.
The meeting of the Ministers responsible for the internal market, industry and research is coordinated by, according to the topics under debate, Federica Guidi, the Italian Minister of Economic Development, Sandro Gozi, the Italian Undersecretary of European Policies and Stefania Giannini, the Italian Minister of Education, Universities and Research. Ministers will focus on the Commission report on industrial competitiveness, Europe 2020 Strategy for growth and jobs and the European Research Area.
Two press conferences are scheduled: the first one addresses internal market issues and starts at around 4 P.M. on Thursday 25 September, the second one addresses research and innovation and starts at 1:30 P.M. on Friday 26 September.
Attached below the conclusions of the first and second day.
- Agenda - COMPETITIVENESS Council meeting - Brussels, 25 and 26 September 2014.pdf
- Background note - COMPETITIVENESS Council meeting - Brussels, 25 and 26 September 2014.pdf
- Mainstreaming of Industrial Competitiveness-25 09 2014.pdf
- Main results of Competitiveness Council.pdf
- Main results of Comeptitiviness (Research part) Council.pdf