CC Flickr / indrasensi
The second Competitiveness Council during the Italian six-month Presidency of the Council of the European Union is held on Thursday 4 and Friday 5 December at Justus Lipsius palace (Rue de la Loi 175), Brussels.
On Thursday, the meeting of the European Ministers is chaired by the Italian Minister of Economic Development Federica Guidi and the Italian State Secretary responsible for European Policies Sandro Gozi. The following day, Stefania Giannini, the Italian Minister of Education, Universities and Research chairs the meeting.
The topics on the agenda of the meeting of Industrial Competitiveness Ministers are numerous, such as the priorities to further enhance the internal market, the SMEs role, the EU space policy and the realisation of the European Area of Research.
A press conference is scheduled every day at the end of the meeting.
For more information: Council of the European Union
- - Agenda - COMPETITIVENESS Council meeting - Brussels, 4 and 5 December 2014.pdf
- - Background note - COMPETITIVENESS Council meeting - Brussels, 4 and 5 December 2014.pdf
- - Indicative Programme - COMPETITIVENESS Council meeting, Brussels, 4 and 5 December 2014.pdf
- PRESS INFORMATION- Agreement between the EU and Switzerland, Brussels 5 December 2014.pdf
- - Council conclusions on EU strategy and action plan on customs risk management - tackling risks, strengthening supply chain security and facilitating trade -.pdf
- - Council conclusions on Smart Regulation.pdf
- Council conclusions on strengthening tourism by leveraging Europe's cultural, natural and maritime heritage.pdf
- Travel packages - Council agrees on general approach to update rules.pdf (1)
- Council conclusions on European research area Progress Report 2014.pdf
- Council conclusions on Partnership for research and innovation in the Mediterranean area.pdf
- Council conclusions on research and innovation as sources of renewed growth.pdf