CC BY-SA 2.0 Flickr / Michael Coghlan
The second Justice and Home Affairs Council during the Italian six-month Presidency of the Council of the European Union is held on Thursday 4 and Friday 5 December in Brussels. The meeting of the European Union is chaired by the Italian Minister of Justice Andrea Orlando on Thursday and by the Italian Minister of Interior Angelino Alfano on the following day.
The first day of the Council will be devoted to, among others, Data Protection, the regulation for insolvency proceedings, the establishment of the European Prosecutor. On Friday the European Interior Ministers will address the functioning of the Schengen area, the fight against terrorism, the document of migratory flows promoted by the Italian Presidency “Taking action to better manage migratory flows”.
A press conference is scheduled every day at the end of the meeting.
For more information: Council of the European Union
- - Background note - JUSTICE and HOME AFFAIRS Council meeting - Brussels, 4 and 5 December 2014.pdf
- Agenda - JUSTICE and HOME AFFAIRS Council meeting - Brussels, 4 and 5 December 2014.pdf
- Council conclusions on development of a renewed European Union Internal Security Strategy.pdf
- Council conclusions on Training of legal practitioners - an essential tool to consolidate the EU acquis.pdf
- Council resolution on Creation of an operational network - @ON - to counter mafia- style serious and organised crime groups.pdf
- Insolvency proceedings - new rules to promote economic recovery.pdf