«The path which led me to write these words today is made up of many steps». Such steps may be hard to count but a book entitled “Volare” holds the experience of the Major Pilot of the Aeronautica Militare (the Italian Air Force), Esa astronaut and “ambassador” of the Italian six-month Presidency of the Council of the European Union Luca Parmitano. A logbook featuring photographs to recount the achievement of his childhood dream.
Palazzo dell’Aeronautica in Rome will host the presentation of “Volare” at 10:30 on Monday 01 December 2014. The meeting, moderated by the journalist Federica Gentile, will be attended by various authorities and, most of all, 20 followers will be selected and invited to the event through the Semester account on Twitter.
The 20 lucky ones will have the chance to attend the presentation of the book “Volare”, contribute to the event’s livetwitting, ask questions – which will be gathered during the morning through #AskParmitano on Twitter - to Major Pilot Parmitano.
«After a six-hour flight I have reached the Station – six hours ago I was still on board. Now I am back. Nothing has changed – nothing will ever be the same again».
- Travel, accommodation and board expenses will not be covered
- The invitation is personal and cannot be transferred to anybody
- ID is required to enter the Palazzo dell’Aeronautica Militare
- The Italian six-month Presidency of the Council of the European Union and the Aeronautica Militare cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage of personal belongings
- The website of the Italian six-month Presidency of the Council of the European Union and the website of Aeronautica Militare reserve the right to publish articles and photographs of the event
- Participation in the event implies acceptance of all these conditions